Our wallet and payments platform make Cryptocurrency and traditional money work seamlessly and safely together, giving people everywhere the safest and simplest way to buy, store, send and spend. We are looking for a UX Designer to join our talented team.
This can be a fully remote role however candidates must be currently located and eligible to work in the UK. This role focuses on our consumer app product - Zumo App. You’ll be joining as part of our remote-based app product team consisting of 3 other developers, a QA tester and product owner.
We are based in Edinburgh so you’re more than welcome to use the office, but if that’s not for you can work remotely. You will be given the opportunity to work with us across all of the Zumo app stack: from our back-end services to the customer-facing app code.
- Experience designing iOS/Android and web applications using a mobile-first methodology
- A deep sense of ownership - the app experience will be your responsibility, you’ll create, iterate and evolve key flows
- The ability to communicate at a high level about customer experience and design decisions
- The ability to quickly iterate designs and user experiences
- Are a promoter of customer centricity, seeking to always delight customers through innovative and stylish designs ● Using user data to inform design decisions
- 2+ years in mobile app based UX/UI role
- Excellent mobile app design portfolio ● Deep understanding of Apple’s human interface design guidelines, Android design, and other mobile platform designs, including Google’s material design
- Good understanding of intuitive mobile design patterns and microinteractions
- Strong typography, layout, and visual design skills
- Experience in fintech or related products is an advantage
We’re keen to meet people with varied backgrounds - our view is the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We want to build teams which represent a variety of experiences, perspectives and skills, and we recognise talent on the basis of merit and potential.
We understand some people may not apply for jobs unless they tick every box. If you're excited about joining us and think you have much of what we're looking for, even if you're not 100% sure... we'd love to hear from you.
Salary range: 35k - 50k pa depending on experience.
- Zumo is accessible to everyone, everywhere
- We believe that the benefits of crypto & blockchain are for everyone
- Our decision making is founded on the balance between people, profit and planet
- The technology that we build has usability and security at its core
- We seek to make the complex seem simple
- We don’t use jargon
- We bring our A game to work every day
- We believe that great productivity comes from a tranquil environment
- We give feedback in a respectful way
- We do not take the easy path unless it is the right one
- We are constantly exploring to find the best way
- We accept failure as part of the road to success
If you want to work with one of the UK’s most exciting and innovative start-ups then we want to hear from you.