As a Test Engineer on the ZumoKit team, you are responsible for testing the infrastructure systems built by the team. You will proactively participate in discussions with the team regarding technical issues, testing automation and improving deployment processes. You will create detailed test plans, run tests, triage issues, identify opportunities for automation, and write the necessary scripts and tools to scale the testing framework. This is a critical position with ownership of the overall quality and robustness of the infrastructure systems the team develops.
Reporting into Lead Developer on the ZumoKit team and CTO.
Key duties /responsibilities
- Create test frameworks to ensure the platform is rigorously tested prior to release
- Define acceptance criteria for tests
- Write UI/Integration automation tests
- Operate in Docker/Kubernetes ecosystem
- Very good understanding of testing methodologies including UAT, system, integration and regression testing
- Experience in the use of test management and defect tracking tools
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate a good level of understanding of web application architectures
- Write test case and specify requirements
- Help create automated API checks, write and maintain API tests using tools such as postman
- Be able to own and improve the software quality for each build, by promoting quality principles and best practices
- Strong manual exploratory testing skills, be able to create exploratory test charts
- Identify areas of the product that require tests
- Excellent logic and problem-solving abilities
- 2 years experience In QA software development environment
Zumo’s internal mission is to create an environment where you can create the best work of your career. In order to do that, we offer:
- A remote first hybrid work environment- Everyone does their best work in different environments. We operate as a remote first hybrid team, giving you the flexibility to work wherever suits you best.
- Professional development- We focus on fostering a culture of learning, curiosity and ongoing professional development.
- Pension- We give you flexibility to opt in to our voluntary company pension scheme.
- Unlimited holiday- Having plentiful “off the grid” time is key to doing your best work. We offer flexible time off. Take time when you need it and receive a £500 bonus when you take five or more consecutive days off.
- At Zumo, we believe in the strength that difference brings to our business, our culture, and our community. We value the opinions and experiences of all our colleagues and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- Zumo is accessible to everyone, everywhere
- We believe that the benefits of crypto and blockchain are for everyone
Our decision-making is founded on the balance between people, profit and planet
- The technology that we build has usability and security at its core
- We seek to make the complex simple
- We don’t use jargon
- We bring our A game to work every day
- We believe that great productivity comes from a tranquil environment
- We give feedback in a respectful way
Love the adventure
- We don’t take the easy path unless it’s the right one
- We’re constantly exploring to find the best way
- We accept failure as part of the road to success
Towards a sustainable world:
When it comes to crypto, we don’t believe progress should come at the cost of the environment. As the sector develops and matures at unparalleled pace, we have the perfect opportunity to ensure we develop products and behaviours that will help the future of the planet. And we believe we can play our part in demystifying the information surrounding digital assets and their impact on the climate, helping everyone to understand, assess and contribute to the decarbonisation of the industry. Find out more about our net zero strategy, partnerships, environmental pledge and work to decarbonise the sector on our webpage here.