This can be a fully remote role however candidates must be currently located and eligible to work in the UK. This role focuses on our consumer app product - Zumo App.
You’ll be joining as part of our remote-based app product team consisting of 3 other developers, a QA tester, a designer, and product owner. We are based in Edinburgh so you’re more than welcome to use the office, but if that’s not for you can work remotely.
We’re building a team where a certain member may have ownership and intimate knowledge of a system, but any member of the team can pick up work for it after a short time. Initially, you will pair with another developer to refactor some of our older code to Node. Eventually you will be moving to working across the stack to deliver full features and owning your own parts of the Zumo code base.
Our tech stack
● React Native (Typescript)
● PHP (Symfony)
● C++ / Swift / Java / Objective-C
● You are a developer with at least 2 years experience (with the ability to provide examples of your work)
● You value writing tests to back your code
● You can communicate and work efficiently with others
● You’re willing to expand your knowledge and pick up new skills
Beneficial to know, but not required (we can train you if necessary)
● A working knowledge of Typescript
● React-Native or React
● PHP (Symfony)
● Jest / a unit test framework
●Docker / Kubernetes
● CI workflows
1. Video chat
2. Pair programming test
3. Follow up
We’re keen to meet people with varied backgrounds - our view is the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We want to build teams which represent a variety of experiences, perspectives and skills, and we recognise talent on the basis of merit and potential. We understand some people may not apply for jobs unless they tick every box. If you're excited about joining us and think you have much of what we're looking for, even if you're not 100% sure... we'd love to hear from you.
1. Zumo is accessible to everyone, everywhere
2. We believe that the benefits of crypto & blockchain are for everyone
3. Our decision making is founded on the balance between people, profit and planet
1. The technology that we build has usability and security at its core
2. We seek to make the complex seem simple
3. We don’t use jargon
1. We bring our A game to work every day
2. We believe that great productivity comes from a tranquil environment
3. We give feedback in a respectful way
1. We do not take the easy path unless it is the right one
2. We are constantly exploring to find the best way
3. We accept failure as part of the road to success If you want to work with one of the UK’s most exciting and innovative start-ups then we want to hear from you.
If you want to work with one of the UK’s most exciting and innovative start-ups then we want to hear from you.