As the Compliance Manager, you will be primarily responsible for organisation and coordination of Zumo’s compliance obligations with relevant rules, regulations, and codes of conduct, as we expand both geographically and in terms of headcount. The key aspects to be managed by the applicant include:
- Data Protection and Privacy: with the expansion into Europe Zumo will need to ensure its solutions are robust and well-managed.
- Marketing / Financial Promotions: the FCA is introducing new regulations in this area for Crypto firms. The applicant will manage the process of devising appropriate Policies and helping staff to design and implement compliant processes and procedures.
- Policies and Procedures: as part of the European expansion, Zumo will need to maintain policies that have as much standardisation as possible, while demonstrably complying with local laws.
Head of Compliance (HoC)
Up to £45,000 per annum
Key duties /responsibilities
- Continual development of the compliance framework including undertaking:
- GDPR reviews and wider compliance monitoring,
- Oversight of ICO and FCA regulatory incidents,
- ICO and FCA regulatory training.
- Data Protection and Privacy: establishing and maintaining an approach to keep the DP compliance tangibly under review.
- Marketing / Financial Promotions: managing creation of appropriate Policies and helping staff to desing and implement compliant processes and procedures.
- Supporting the HoC with any regulatory applications.
- Providing the business with advice and guidance on all relevant regulatory obligations and requirements.
- Overseeing due diligence performed on and collected for suppliers and third party service provider, for example banking partners.
- Demonstrable and applied knowledge of financial services compliance requirements and practices, relevant to the payment services industry.
- Experience of building, managing, and running a ‘young’ team successfully.
- Perceptive, enthusiastic, and collaborative.
- Passionate about GRC (and ESG) and maintaining and protecting the firm's reputation.
- Applicants should be degree educated and have an interest and practical experience in data protection work.
Zumo’s internal mission is to create an environment where you can create the best work of your career. In order to do that, we offer:
- A remote first hybrid work environment- Everyone does their best work in different environments. We operate as a remote first hybrid team, giving you the flexibility to work wherever suits you best.
- Professional development- We focus on fostering a culture of learning, curiosity and ongoing professional development.
- Pension- We give you flexibility to opt in to our voluntary company pension scheme.
- Unlimited holiday- Having plentiful “off the grid” time is key to doing your best work. We offer flexible time off. Take time when you need it and receive a £500 bonus when you take five or more consecutive days off.
- At Zumo, we believe in the strength that difference brings to our business, our culture, and our community. We value the opinions and experiences of all our colleagues and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- Zumo is accessible to everyone, everywhere
- We believe that the benefits of crypto and blockchain are for everyone
Our decision-making is founded on the balance between people, profit and planet
- The technology that we build has usability and security at its core
- We seek to make the complex simple
- We don’t use jargon
- We bring our A game to work every day
- We believe that great productivity comes from a tranquil environment
- We give feedback in a respectful way
Love the adventure
- We don’t take the easy path unless it’s the right one
- We’re constantly exploring to find the best way
- We accept failure as part of the road to success
Towards a sustainable world:
When it comes to crypto, we don’t believe progress should come at the cost of the environment. As the sector develops and matures at unparalleled pace, we have the perfect opportunity to ensure we develop products and behaviours that will help the future of the planet. And we believe we can play our part in demystifying the information surrounding digital assets and their impact on the climate, helping everyone to understand, assess and contribute to the decarbonisation of the industry. Find out more about our net zero strategy, partnerships, environmental pledge and work to decarbonise the sector on our webpage here.